- It could live over 1400 years before rebirth.
- Different cultures have their own interpretations of the Phoenix — the bennu (Egypt), Feng Huang (Chinese), the Huma (Persian), the Garuda (Oriental), etc.
- A phoenix doesn’t just burn up and die when it’s old. It creates a nest of aromatic boughs and spices, sets it on fire, and is then engulfed in the flames. At least it smells nice!
- Only one phoenix can exist at a time. (Loneliest love-life ever…)
- It can assume human form and then remove its feathers to use as a blanket.
- It’s large enough to hunt small whales individually
- The thunderbird is often described and depicted as having teeth within its beak